Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I fall down a lot...

"I fall down a lot" is my tag-line on Twitter and today, I proved it to be true.

Many friends remember my Great Club Cafe Injury of 2013, when I danced right off the stage after bee-bopping to Whitney's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody." That resulted in a severely sprained ankle (which could have been a fracture if not for my super tight leather boots I was wearing!). Today was a similarly awesome incident. 

Late for the train this morning, I literally ran into the bedroom to hug Crisp goodbye, and my stocking feet skidded across the slippery floor. I ended up head-first, sprawled out, at the bottom of the bedroom closet, tangled amongst clothes and shoes. Searing pain in my knee caused me to rock back and forth, clutching my leg and repeating "Eeeessssshhhhh, owwwww." Crisp, having just woken up to my clattering fall, peered over the edge of the bed wondering what on earth I was up to. 

I scraped myself up, gave sleepyhead a hasty hug and kiss adieu, and scurried off to the train station, giggling at my own gracelessness the whole way.  After the giddiness and adrenaline wore off, I dang near thought my leg needed to be amputated from the pain. 

Crisp has been taking care of me since I got home, and I think some ice cream might help with the healing. I'm off to recuperate. I will post pictures later of what is sure to be a remarkable bruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment