Friday, August 9, 2013

The Week in Review

Sunday, the "Day of Rest," actually was the "Day to Take 50 Old Folks to Tanglewood." Twelve-hour-workday, 4 hours on a bus (with yours truly using the microphone for a trivia contest), lugging around coolers, handing out picnic lunches, and pouring wine.  The music was amazing, the Berkshires are beautiful, and the people were all very nice... So all in all, a good day.

Monday consisted of much muscle soreness, fatigue, and crankiness due to Sunday's activities.  Not much else to report.

Tuesday and Wednesday were regular old weekdays, with work and appointments.  I did squeeze in a long walk by the Charles with a good friend.  Ya know, workin' on my fitness.

The end of the week is where everything gets more exciting... Yesterday, I rocked a new outfit for work.  I looked pretty fly, if I do say so myself.  In the morning, I had to stop at the post office, and on the walk out, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the windows. Feeling a little boost of confidence, I strutted a little extra taller... And then tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and flew through the air with my arms flailing and shoe falling off.  I recovered without hitting the ground, so still a positive experience.

Last night, I also made "John Wayne Casserole" for dinner and a pastry called "Better Than Sex" for dessert. 

Today is Friday. Because I worked on Sunday, I only have to work a half-day today. A trip to Target is planned for the afternoon... Target is everyone's "happy place," so that's pretty great.

So I will enjoy the rest of my train ride to work... Even though I just witnessed a gruff-looking man reach into his pocket, pull out a box cutter, and slice an article out of the newspaper he's reading. What?! Do average people walk around with box cutters in their pockets?!  

Oh, dear. Happy Friday!

1. Weekends
2. Homemade breakfast
3. Time off from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment