Sunday, May 4, 2014

Life Fail

7:06am: Woke up briefly, feeling terrible. Worked 60+ stressful hours in the past four days. Fell back asleep.

9:12am: Woke up again, panicked that I would miss 11:00am appointment in Brookline.

9:20am: Decided to take shower. Looked in mirror and realized I slept with all my makeup on. Delightful. (Now anticipating outbreak of adult acne.)

9:35am: Cried actual tears at the thought of having to get dressed, leave apartment, and be functional human being. Am like an exhausted toddler.

10:15am: Left apartment with half-wet hair, no makeup, wearing a shirt that was too small for me. However, was grateful that I managed to leave apartment at all.

10:32am: Arrived at T station slightly rejuvenated by sunshine and lovely spring weather

10:35am: Spiraled back into exhausted crankiness at the realization that there were 1,743,854 people on the T today. Thanks a lot Red Sox and Bruins for being so stupid and awesome.

10:54am: Stopped to get an iced coffee even though I knew it would make me late for 11:00am appointment. Clearly I have priorities.

11:05am: Therapist/Life Coach told me I look like I've lost weight. Then offered me a scone. I told him I haven't lost any weight; possibly have gained weight due to stress.  I took and ate a scone anyway, and launched into discussion on how I'm cranky because of work, stress, anxiety, and hormonal issues.  He questioned my hormonal comment by asking if I'm "pre-menstrual." Awkward.

12:37pm: Arrived back in Boston and went to the Boston Public Library to use computers, since laptop at home is busted. Enjoyed company of the many homeless people who use the BPL computers to play online solitaire and watch YouTube.

1:15pm: Stopped at CVS and purchased toilet paper, a bottle of ginger ale, a bag of pepperoni pizza flavored Combos, pre-moistened face wash wipes (to hopefully promote makeup removal on sleepy nights) and $6 worth of designer hand soap (which Crisp hates for me to spend money on, but I knew he would be out with friends today so I bought it anyway. What a rebel.)

2:07pm: Ate Combos while watching Grey's Anatomy reruns and then fell asleep on the couch.

7:24pm: Woke up to Finn staring at me.

7:33pm: Let Finn outside for a while while I microwaved leftover chili that Crisp made. Then ate bowl of chili while standing in kitchen. 

8:05pm: Fed Finn dinner and remembered that there was ice cream in the freezer.

8:12pm: After debating whether to eat ice cream, I decided that I already had ruined any nutritional hopes for the day by eating pepperoni pizza flavored Combos.

8:17pm: Put ice cream back into freezer after eating 5 spoonfuls right out of the container.  

11:41pm: Realized that I had just wasted three hours of looking at mindless nothingness on the internet.  Reflected on my day and decided that it would be a great idea to document this failure of a day on my blog. 

12:13am: Finished blogging. Exhausted again. Can't decide if today was funny or sad. Hopefully more funny than sad. Days like this remind me that it's a very good thing that I am not a parent.

Will be more human/productive tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment