Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Getting old.

Update: I've maintained my low-sugar and no-processed-food regimen... For the most part. Going to the gym, however, didn't make it past the first week.  It needs to hurry up and be nice weather so that I can run outside. I'd like to run a 5K race before I turn 30 later this year!

Speaking of getting older, I think I'm getting pretty lame with age. At work this week, I've made a couple of "That's What She Said" jokes that I thought were pretty spectacular, but the college students who work in the office were not impressed at all. They gave me weird looks and obviously fake laughs.

Tonight, I asked Crisp if those jokes are still relevant. As soon as I asked him that, I knew I was doomed. If you have to ask if your joke is relevant, it's a guaranteed failure. I realized then that I am likely perceived as an awkward, approaching-middle-aged, pudgy lady in the office who makes lame jokes. (OK--maybe I'm not approaching middle-aged, but I'm about 10 years older than a lot of the students, which is pretty much ancient from their perspective.) 

Getting older = Lame. But the app that shows you what you'll look like when you're old is pretty fun: 


No comments:

Post a Comment